Privacy Notice – Closed Circuit Television
Why we process your information We may record CCTV images of people entering, approaching, entering or passing our buildings to:
- Help staff and visitors feel safer
- Act as a deterrent to offenders
- Allow the collection of evidence to help find and convict offenders
- Prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud. There will be clear signs outside the relevant buildings to advise you that CCTV is in operation. By law we are required to do this protect the health and safety of our staff and to help protect the property
Sharing your CCTV recording Your information may be shared with other organisations if they have a legal right to it.
Keeping your personal information
We will delete recordings 30 days after the CCTV footage was taken. This ensures that any subsequent investigations can be completed.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- View a copy of the CCTV recording
- Request that the CCTV recording be deleted if you believe the practice is processing it for longer than is necessary
Data Controller Contact Details
- Lead: Dr Sasha Honnor
- Deputy: Dr Juliet Graham
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
The Surrey Heartlands CCGs DPO support service for GP practices.
AJ Spinks Ltd will provide the DPO support.
Service for GP practices and this will include:
The Surrey Heartlands Primary Care DPO Service is available
Monday-Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 (excluding bank holidays) and can be
Recipient Or Categories Of Recipients Of The Processed Data
The data will be shared with Health and care professionals and support staff in this surgery and at hospitals, diagnostic and treatment centres who contribute to your personal care.
Rights To Object
You have the right to object to some or all the information being processed under Article 21. Please contact the Data Controller or the practice. You should be aware that this is a right to raise an objection, that is not the same as having an absolute right to have your wishes granted in every circumstance.
Right To Access And Correct
You have the right to access the data that is being shared and have any inaccuracies corrected. There is no right to have accurate medical records deleted except when ordered by a court of Law.
The data will be retained in line with the law and national guidance.