Flu vaccination update 2020
The time has come to vaccinate against the seasonal flu virus. Our staff are already putting plans in place to be able to safely administer the flu vaccine for patients. This may be done differently to how it has been done in the past.
Clinics will be by appointment only.
Please call the surgery to book your appointment or request a flu appointment on our website.
Clinics will run from 08:30 til 15:00
- Saturday 3rd October 2020
- Saturday 10th October 2020
- Saturday 17th October 2020
We will also be running various clinics throughout the week.
Who can book?
- Children aged 2 and 3 years on 31 August 2020
- Those aged six months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Registered carers
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
We look forward to seeing you soon.