How to Book an Appointment
You can make an appointment in the following ways:
- Online by visiting our Consulting Room.
- By requesting an appointment via online services: Patient Access.
- By calling the practice on 01483 767194.
The practice offers a range of appointments including:
- Telephone appointments with a doctor or nurse practitioner (bookable up to 6 weeks in advance).
- Routine appointments in advance.
- Nurse appointments.
- Book on the day appointments.
- Video appointments – patients registered at Goldsworth Medical Practice can see an NHS GP via video using the LIVI app. See an NHS GP by video for medical advice, prescriptions or referrals. Appointments available from Monday – Friday, 07:00 – 22:00.
For same day appointments, we may not be able to offer you a specific appointment time and if we do it may be subject to change.
We will also not be able to let you know which clinician you will see. Patients can ask to see the doctor of their choice however, this may not always be possible and if this doctor is not available you will be offered an appointment with another doctor. The clinician may be a doctor or prescribing advanced practitioner.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many ailments and you may be seen more quickly.
Please notify the receptionist if you believe you or the patient being brought to the surgery may be ‘infectious’. This is so that we can make appropriate waiting arrangements.
Children under 16 years should ideally be accompanied by an adult – unless they wish to come on their own.
Cancelling an Appointment
If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know at least 1 hour before your appointment, this may enable someone else to be seen.
You can do this by using our Cancel an Appointment triage, or calling us.
Failure to Attend Appointments
Failure to attend four appointments can lead to you being removed from our practice list. Please make sure that you cancel any appointments that you cannot attend.